Saturday, October 31, 2009

I, too, Was an "Asshole," but Never Like Markos C. Alberto Moulitsas Zúñiga (MAMZ)

I have to admit that I can relate to Markos Moulitsas a little bit when he says, "I have made no effort to hide my idiotic youthful indiscretions." The difference between his "youthful indiscretions" and mine is that mine were in my sex-life, where I hurt myself and young women who loved me, while Marlos C. Alberto Moulitsas Zúñiga's (MAMZ's) "youthful indiscretions" were and continue into the present to be in his political life, where he has:
If MAMZ can admit that he was an "asshole" when he worked for the Republicans, then why can't he admit that he was an asshole when, between 2001 and 2003, he admits that he trained at and worked for the Central Intelligence Agency, in Washington, DC?

Why won't he tell us more about about Carlos Alberto Delgado Zúñiga, who is the manager of the Moulitsas Zúñiga family's Hotel Suites Jaltepeque, and is also president of the Salvadoran Association of Hotels, and El Salvador's representative on the Central American Tourism Board, as well as Salvadoran tourism's representative to the board of the National Association of Salvadoran Corporations ANEP?

I digressed because I was going to speak of my own failings in my personal life: In 1992, I was in law school and trying to mack on the ladies like some sort of caricature Rap artist, with ladies following me everywhere. (Yeah, right!) So, I was in bed with a lovely young woman who would have made a great wife for any lucky man. I was about to have sex with her for the first time and we were on our way. And then I said to her, "I have to tell you that just because we have sex doesn't mean I'll stop going out with other women."

I ruined the moment, I lost any chance of having good sex and a good relationship and friendship with a girl who was a wonderful person, and every stupid thing I did that year just made me hate myself more.

So, I want to apologize to that girl and tell her how much I miss her and how much I remember her spirituality that was so much stronger in her life than my own stupidity.

Still, I have to look at the bright side: Unlike Markos C. Alberto Moulitsas Zúñiga,
  1. I didn't campaign for Ronald Reagan;
  2. I wasn't a precinct captain for Republican anti-abortion Congressman Henry Hyde who led the campaign to impeach Bill Clinton in the US House;
  3. I didn't vote for George H. W. Bush for president;
  4. I'm not a supporter of "states rights";
  5. I didn't write a letter opposing all gay service in the US military;
  6. I didn't spend two years working and training at the CIA while simultaneously participating at DailyKos;
  7. I'm not presently ruining any internationally recognized estuaries;
  8. No one in my family has taken a million dollar loan guarantee from the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) for Central American globalization efforts;
  9. I haven't lied and pretended to be a poor Black man from a humble and politically insignificant family who makes it big by his own efforts while working for the CIA.
  10. I haven't started a super-secret big box blog owner group whose goal is to control the messages in the blogosphere, all the while swearing the group's members to secrecy, like a CIA agent would, and then demanding transparency from the US Government.
Even though I was an asshole to my girlfriends while I was in law school, at least I didn't become an international political asshole and continue to be one into the present.

This post however is about me, even if I use MAMZ as a foil to lessen the pain I feel at the interpersonal damage I've done to myself and others. This message goes out to all who had the misfortune of being my girlfriend or sexual partner for a moment: If I hurt you in my romance with you, I'm here to say I'm sorry, and ask you to understand that I was very confused and, even though I knew better, I couldn't make myself do better.

Maybe Markos Moulitsas says he would work for the CIA today for the same reason: He's a political asshole even today and, coming from the oligarchy family he comes from in El Salvador, the evil he does even today comes naturally to him. Don't oligarchies always lie and dissemble in an effort to maintain their near monopolistic control over the resources of countries while others lack medical care, food and water?

No comments: