Francis L. Holland, Esq.*
Afrosphere Action Coalition
55 (73) 3288-1716
June 26, 2008
Netroots Nation Exposé:
Conference Founder Trained by the US Central Intelligence Agency
National Black Programming Consortium
As we discussed tonight, Netroots Nation the yearly conference of the white blogosphere, founded by Markos C.A Moulitsas Zúñiga, is coming up on July 17-20. I have two blogs dedicated to reporting upon Markos C.A. Moulitsas Zúñiga, DailyKos, YearlyKos (now Netroots Nation) and the exclusion of Black people from his blog and others in the white blogosphere: (1) Truth About Kos, and (2) AfroSpear in the Whitosphere.
Tonight in my conversation with you, I made some very highly inflammatory statements about Markos C.A. Moulitsas Zúñiga and DailyKos, for example:
- that although Moulitsas Zúñiga is half Greek and half Salvadoran, he considers himself to WHITE, NOT a minority;
- that his blog's participants are 96% white and only 2.5% Black and 1.5% Latino;
- that he was trained at the CIA between 2001 and 2003,.according to a speech that he made to the Commonwealth Club on June 2, 2006.
- Markos Moulitsas Zúñiga requests that he not be referred to by the Latin Zúñiga last name, perhaps because (1) he does not want to be perceived as Latino, and (2) the "Zúñiga" name connects him directly to extremely wealthy family members in El Salvador who have received millions of dollars in "foreign investments" including a million dollar loan financed through the US Overseas Private Investment Council (OPIC).
- Meanwhile Moulitsas Zuniga tells his supporters and the public that "I don't have money. I don't come from a famous or powerful family".
- Although DailyKos claims to be open to afrosphere bloggers, it has never, ever mentioned the AfroSpear or the afrosphere in a story, even during months like last month, when the 150 blogs of the AfroSpear have appeared in the national mainstream newspapers, magazines and radio 23 times.
- That the MyDD has announced its policy that it does not need or desire Black participation at that blog.
As I said in our conversation of tonight, Markos C.A. Moulitsas Zúñiga does NOT consider himself to be a minority; he considers himself to be white. When he was a student at Northern Illinois University and wrote for the student newspaper, the Northern Star, he wrote a five part series on relations between people of different colors and ethnicities at the campus. However, Moulitsas Zúñiga said in an essay concluding the series, that he was glad his work confronting the issue was simply over and done with:
Today the Star ran the last of my four-part series on racism at NIU. Having been a project that dominated my life for the last couple of weeks, I was more than glad to have it finished and over with so I could return to the mundane world of Faculty Senate meetings and other reporter stuff." Northern Star, September 2, 1993. (Emphasis added.)Apparently, this was an an assignment that Moulitsas did not relish and he was glad to have his study of racism over and done with. In spite of being partly Salvadoran, Moulitsas never considered himself to be subject to racism and always considered himself to be simply "white." When he finished writing his series on racism for the school paper, he said,
And as I left the ugly reality of racism behind, it struck me that what was such an easy and trivial exercise for me would be impossible for anyone whose skin color or religious persuassion (sic) made them the target of bigotry and discrimination. They would never be able to escape who they were. Northern Star, September 2, 1993. (Emphasis added.)Shortly after I dug up and reported the existence of the essays, and another letter to the newspaper in which Moulitsas Zúñiga OPPOSED ALL SERVICE BY GAYS IN THE US MILITARY, these essays disappeared from the online archives of the Northern Star. Thankfully, I had taken a screenshot of the one opposing all gays in the military. As a result of my investigation, he has since acknowledged, in writing at DailyKos, that he held this position.
Although his online biographies state that he wrote for the Northern Star during college, you will discover that the archives of the Northern Star have been scrubbed and no longer mention Moulitsas Zúñiga's name, even though these same archives cover the years in which he is known to have published at the Northern Star, 1992 and 1993. But, if you call and ask for them providing the dates of these articles, the Northern Star will confirm the existence of these articles, confirm that they were once available and are not now, and send you faxes of these articles.
As I said, there is unanimous agreement among Black people and Black bloggers that no part of the Democratic Party apparatus should be segregated by color, and that Black people should be adequately represented among the bloggers at the Democratic National Convention.
I have collected all of my research about Markos C.A. Moulitsas Zúñiga into an outline with extensive documentation using US and Salvadoran government documents available online, US and Salvadoran newspaper accounts, Moulitsas Zúñiga's own published statements and tthe statements of his relatives as reported in Salvadoran Newspapers:
The Indictment of Markos C.A. Moulitsas ZÚÑIGA by Justice and History (Updated with Additional Information and Counts)Also see,
Why Has Markos Alberto Moulitsas Zúñiga (M.A.M.Z.) Lied About His Wealthy Salvadoran Oligarchy Family Background?Matt Stoller, owner of MyDD, has said,
Now first I'm going to address this community about our culture. Most MyDD readers are comfortable within what I call 'Jewish political culture', which is a very individualistic, progressive style of argumentative discourse . . . There are lots of other cultures out there, and lots of other ways of thinking about the world. These represent themselves online, but they don't necessarily represent themselves here. Does it matter that they don't? Maybe. Maybe not. http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/2/12/1237 12/293#commenttop (emphasis added)
Please feel free to contact me for any more information that might be helpful.
Francis L. Holland, Esq.
55 (73) 3288-1716
The Francis L. Holland Blog
The Truth About McCain Blog
ENC: Photo of Francis L. Holland, Esq.